30 fingers&toes

"Are they triplets?" "No, I found the other one in the parking lot and thought, 'why not?'"

Enjoying some quiet time in the evening

Leave a comment

Here I find myself on our new comfy love seat, sitting in light of the tv and laptop, waiting for dinner to be ready. It’s 9:58pm, most people are going to bed, but as luck would have it I’m waiting for dinner to be cooked. I’m freezing my butt off as the weather has seriously cooled off outside and the windows behind me are open. However Ian is still rather warm so I’m waiting for him to cool down a bit more before I shut them for the night.

The Diplock household seems to be finally coming together routine wise. I’d like to be able to say that it’s coming together and getting a little more unpacked but then I would be lying. *Dinner break* We managed to clear up enough room for Auntie Megan to come for a weekend visit. It was great to have her, Isabelle really enjoyed all the attention she got over the weekend. We’ve moved basically all the boxes down to the basement and have just few left upstairs in our room and the kids rooms.

All the kids are doing well. Isabelle is a ham as usual, the twins are eating and pooping and trying their best to get into a pattern that works for all of us. Jersey is great, she’s enjoying sleeping on the new furniture even though we don’t want her to. Then there is Max. He was having lots of trouble with his ears and skin for this past year. We got him to a vet and are now working towards getting him better. He’s got 3 pretty serious bacterial infections in his ears and has also developed an allergy. What is he allergic to? We aren’t sure yet. We have to cure the infections before we can get to the allergy. His initial vet trip cost nearly $800.00. I then got a call from the vet a few days later and they needed to add a med to the list he was already on so add on another $130 for that. But if this is all going to make him better than I’m okay with the meds. He’s been on the meds for about a week now and already I see improvements. I really like the vet I found for Max and it’s safe to say they are doing a good job already.

Well I’ve eaten, I’m full and I think I should head to bed. Ian is off for two days and I’d like to get a lot done in that time. His first set of nights is coming up once he goes back to work. Thankfully my mother has offered to come help for bedtime for some of the nights. I had to get all three kids bathed and into bed the other night alone and while it was insane for a bit and I sweated off about 10lbs doing it I managed. That being said, I will take help anytime as it makes things go a lot smoother with less tears and the volume on the screaming a little quieter.

I’m sorry that I have been terrible at updating lately but my free time is very minimal and once the kidlets are all in bed I can hardly wait to get there myself. It is getting better and easier every day and soon I’ll be back to writing on a regular basis. Check in when you can. I will try to post photos to our picture site soon also.

Author: 30fingersandtoes

Parenting and adulting is hard. There is no manual. No volume control. No self cleaning house and self refilling fridge. This is my story of navigating through the ups and downs of our crazy-wonderful life.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s